- WHY WE COLLECT DATA: We collect certain data to be able to provide the Service to you. We also collect data for use in verifying your identity.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT: When you register for the Service, we will collect your telephone number and may also collect your name, email address, or other contact information. We will also collect data from third parties and from you as may we consider appropriate. By registering for the Service, you authorize the collection and processing of the foregoing data.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN: We, or service providers acting on our behalf, may use the information collected from and about you to:
Provide our products and services, including authorizing a purchase, or completing a transaction that you requested; Create and manage online accounts; Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications, including text/SMS messages if you provided your mobile number and opted in to receive such messages (for information on our text messaging program, please see our Text/SMS Messaging Program Terms); Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests, and market research; Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies; Anonymize or de-identify personal information to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing anonymized information and other non-personal information; Provide technical support; Generate suggestions about the type of content you may enjoy; Supplement your personal information collected directly from you and/or from automated means with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from Move affiliates and our business partners; Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content, advertising across browsers and devices, and other operational/business purposes; Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing, and improving our Services; managing our communications; reviewing and processing employment applications, performing data and statistical analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions); Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims, and other liabilities; Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our terms of service and other policies; and In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE: We may share your personal information with or for the following purposes:
Our Subsidiaries and Affiliated Businesses.
With our Service Providers
With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
With our third-party clients or business partners, and other third parties for their own commercial or marketing purposes, such as to serve targeted advertisements.
For Legal Requirements and Proceedings: We may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other government officials if we are required to do so to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement or other government measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.We may also disclose the information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
To Protect our Services and Users: We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights, interests, and safety of the Services, our subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their employees; to protect the security and safety of our users of the Services, including when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
Non-personal Information: When the information collected from or about you is not defined as personal information under applicable law, we may share such non-personal, de-identified information or aggregated information with third parties at our discretion.
- TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION: The Services are hosted in and managed from Nigeria. We may transfer the information we collect about you to another country, which may not be deemed to have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Applicable laws in Nigeria and/or other countries may allow the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities to access your personal information when in such a country. If you are a user located outside Nigeria or the country to which your information may be transferred, you understand (and, as permitted under applicable law, consent to) having any personal information processed in Nigeria and/or such country. When we transfer your information, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES, APPS AND SERVICES: For your convenience and information, our Services may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with The Connected. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any of these sites, apps or services.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE: From time to time, we may change our Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our privacy practices and Services. If we modify the Privacy Notice, we will update the "Last Modified Date" and the changes will be effective as of the date we post such Notice. For material changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Services indicating at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated or by other appropriate means, such as email through the email address you most recently provided to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US: If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, would like to exercise your choices, or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as follows:
Privacy Administrator, hello @theconnectedawards.com
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES: Cookies are small files that we or others send to and store on or with your computer so that your computer, browser, mobile app or other application can be recognized as unique the next time you access, visit, use or otherwise take advantage of the Services or other media. Cookies may also reflect demographic data pertaining to you or other data linked to information you submit. One use or consequence of cookies is to enable you to receive customized ads, alerts, content, services or information. You are always free to decline any cookies we use by adjusting the settings of your browser, as your browser may permit; however, some products, services or features might not be available or operate properly if cookies are not enabled. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies.In addition, we, our service providers and others sometimes use data-gathering mechanisms on the Services, including without limitation "web beacons", "clear GIFs", "pixels" and/or "tags". These perform statistical and administrative functions, such as measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising paths, better understanding user interests and activity, gathering related information (such as information relating to a particular browser, device or IP address) and positioning images, and typically do so without detracting from your online experience. Such mechanisms are not necessarily designed to collect Personal Information. In addition, if you have provided your email address, we might use a non-human unreadable form (or "hash") of your email address to deliver, or facilitate delivery of, relevant advertisements and information to you on or by way of the Services or on or by way of other websites or media, including, for example, popular social media sites and features.